With nasal aesthetics, a natural and aesthetic appearance to the nose in harmony with facial features; By eliminating the deformations that constrict the respiratory tract, a “comfortable breath” is provided. Recovery is achieved in a short time after rhinoplasty operations, and the person has a healthy nose that performs both aesthetic and functions. The operations that will give the nose a natural and beautiful appearance by making it proportional to the face are defined as nose aesthetics. Purpose of nasal aesthetics; It is to provide the natural and beautiful appearance that the person dreams of by correcting the nasal structure, which is disproportionate for any reason. Rhinoplasty with various types such as nose tip lift, nose filing, nose reduction; It takes place by choosing the most appropriate treatment in line with the needs of the person. Rhinoplasty surgeries; It is performed by Plastic Surgery Specialists. The nose is a whole and the important thing is that the specialist who will operate you is experienced in rhinoplasty and has a good aesthetic vision. Nose structure, which is directly related to health as well as aesthetic concerns; It also provides treatment for issues such as nasal surgery, nasal bone curvature, nasal congestion.
Why Is Nose Aesthetic Appearance Important?
The nose is an organ located in the center of the face, giving the face its third dimension and highly affecting the aesthetic appearance of the face. Anyone who complains about the appearance of their nose, has realistic desires, and has a health condition can undergo rhinoplasty. In addition, the nose shape can be changed while the airway is opened in people who have difficulty in breathing through the nose. Just as everyone’s face shape is different, so is the ideal nose shape. The most important criteria determining the aesthetic appearance of the nose; nasal symmetry is the ratio of the nasal parts to each other and the harmony of the nose with the facial features:
- Symmetry: “Symmetry” comes first among the criteria sought for the aesthetic appearance of the nose. When viewed from the nose, the right half and the left half should be symmetrical. Curvatures in the nose and deviations to the right or left, mostly caused by trauma, disrupt the symmetrical appearance.
- Proportion: The width of the nose wings should be equal to the distance between the two eyes. The tip of the nose should not be raised enough to allow the inside of the nostrils to be seen or low enough to cover it completely. The angle between the tip of the nose and the upper lip is considered to be between 90-95 ° in men and 95-105 ° in women.
- Harmony: It is also an important criterion that the nose is in harmony with the facial features that support the aesthetic appearance of the face. Carrying the ratio between nose width and mouth width and the ratio between nose length and width to ideal standards provides a natural appearance that contributes to the golden ratio of the face.
Why Is Rhinoplasty Performed? Who Are Eligible For Rhinoplasty?
- Removing deformities in the nose
- Changing the shape of the nose arch or tip of the nose
- Shrinking or enlarging the nose
- Shrinking the nostrils
- Changing the angle between the root of the nose and the forehead or between the tip of the nose and the lip
- It is applied to remove deformities such as concha growth, nasal bone curvature (septum deviation) and structures that should not normally be in the nose (polyp) that make breathing difficult.
What Should Be Considered After Nose Aesthetics?
One of the most important issues after rhinoplasty surgery;
- Should pay attention to traumas,
- You should avoid situations that may increase blood pressure in the head area.
Rhinoplasty completed on the same day; It requires a one-day hospital stay. After the nasal aesthetics, mild pain may occur around the nose of the person. This situation is perfectly normal. Pain relievers can be taken under doctor’s control. Swelling and bruises around the nose and under the eyes increase within two days, and the following week begins to regain its normal appearance. After an average of seven days, all tampons and molds are removed by the doctor and the healing process begins to regain its natural structure. Then, it can be kept bandaged for another 7-10 days. After about 3 weeks, the swelling is greatly reduced and the patient’s operative appearance
Frequently Asked Questions
When our plastic surgery physicians start the nose surgery, they first solve your breathing problem and then provide visual aesthetics in the nose.
Our doctors prefer the surgery method according to the intervention to be made on your nose after the examination. However, this situation does not make any positive or negative difference for the preference of our patient either during or after surgery.
It is an operation that can be applied in four seasons in operational terms. The right time is the time the patient plans.