You can get detailed information about the breast reduction operation, examine the breast reduction procedure, and get the price.
It is the process of shrinking extremely large and sagging breasts into form. Excessive weight gain, genetic and hormonal reasons, advancing age, some medications and tumors may cause excessive growth and sagging in the chest. In breast reduction surgery; It is possible to obtain a smaller, lighter and aesthetic breast by removing excess breast tissue, adipose tissue and skin.
Reasons for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Aesthetically unpleasant appearance (size, sagging, enlargement of the nipple area, position of the nipple at a level lower than the sub-breast fold)
- Difficulties in using underwear and clothing,
- Neck, shoulder and back pain complaints,
- Excessive sweating; the formation of rash under the breast,
- Skeletal system disorders.
Considerations Before Surgery
Breast examination must be performed before surgery. Breast ultrasonography and mammography should be evaluated and decided for operation in cases that are dangerous or in people over the age of 40.
At What Age Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
Breast reduction surgery can be performed from the age of 17-18 when the breast tissue has completed its development, but in some special cases it can be performed at an earlier age.
Types of Breast Reduction Surgery
There are multiple techniques for surgery. In many of these techniques, milk ducts are preserved in terms of breastfeeding after future births. The breastfeeding rate in women who have undergone breast reduction surgery is approximately 70%. Although there are different techniques for the surgery, almost all of them have an incision in the form of a line descending from the nipple or an inverted T letter. Which technique will be preferred is decided in the presence of a doctor by looking at the size, degree of deformation and elasticity of the breast in the pre-operative examination.
Anesthesia Method and Duration Used in Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgeries are performed under general anesthesia and the surgery takes an average of 3 hours. A thin tube (drain) can be placed on the sides of both breasts to remove blood and fluids that may occur in the first 1-2 days. The patient is discharged the day after surgery. Patients can return to their daily activities and work process after a few days by wearing an elastic bra in the form of a sports bra.
Recovery Process After Breast Reduction Surgery
The pain that occurs during the recovery phase after breast reduction surgery is easily controlled with medication and disappears on the first or second day. The patient comes for control every 2-3 days. Stitches 10-12. taken between days. Some loss of sensation may develop in the nipple and breast skin due to tissue swelling after surgery. This condition usually disappears within 6 weeks. The scar that will occur after the operation will disappear after 1 year.
Points to Consider After Breast Reduction Surgery
- You should avoid lifting or pushing anything heavy for 3-4 weeks.
- You should limit your exercise for a few weeks.
- You should use the sports bra recommended by your doctor regularly.
- Since sexual stimulation may cause swelling of your incisions, you will face a 1-week sex life ban. You should avoid any kind of intervention, except for a light contact with your breasts for 6 weeks.
- It is common for a little fluid or crusting to leak from the surgery site.
- After future births, milk ducts are preserved in terms of breastfeeding.
- here is no regrowth after surgery. Breast reduction surgery does not increase the risk of cancer, and breast cancer is less common in women who have undergone this surgery.